Friday, January 11, 2013

Treasures from the Garden




It's the beginning of January and most of the days are still sunny and its very pleasant outside and we take advantage of every minute is sun to spend outdoors in the crisp air.

I not really a winter girl but this year it feels good. It's not that cold yet and I can spend most of the day outside and that makes me happy.

The earth feels good too, you can see it.

Every day the girls and I walk around the farm and enjoy finding little treasures.






I discovered mushrooms this year, oh mushrooms….so tasty! I feel the forest with every bite.

An friend of mine who has been picking winter mushrooms for many years taught me which mushrooms are safe for cooking and which aren't. It's such a delight searching for them amongst the fallen leaves by the trees. Picking and preparing them for lunch.

Our pecan tree has had a good year too, I have never seen such a large amount of nuts on the ground for many years now.

The Daffodils and Cyclamen are blooming.







All is left is to fantasize about my vegetable garden…I already have the place set out and the desire, now I have to be just a bit more patient until February is over…and plant everything I can lay my hands on.


Have a wonderful week full of treasures.


No comments:

Post a Comment